One of the things I love about spring is how it inspires me to spruce things up! Cleaning, organizing, and rearranging seem to happen naturally during the spring months, and it’s no surprise. As the world outside embraces sunshine and bright blooms and sweet scents, my home begs for a bit of that spring glory inside!
I usually follow the same basic steps whenever I’m decorating a space, and they seem to work well.
- First, I tend to focus on one specific space, such as the entryway. The entryway is a small enough space that it’s not overwhelming to decorate, and yet it can pack a punch if done right. Plus, I often find that once I fix up the entryway, I’m inspired to move on to another area.
- Second, I choose one or two main pieces to ground what I’m doing. In this case, I had a beautiful canvas print that I ordered from easycanvasprints.com, capturing a fun moment from last summer’s anniversary trip to Avila Beach.
- Third, I bring in branches and flowers to add that nature element I love so! A large manzanita branch to ground the space, airy stems of nandina and sweet pea, and showy clematis blooms to match the blue of the canvas print. Though my vases vary in shape and size, I try to keep a unifying factor, such as the clear glass of each vase.
- Fourth, I add light and shine. The copper wire lights are amazing for this, and the water in the clear glasses help reflect light, as well. I may add a candle for extra glow.
- Finally, I fill the space as needed. A stack of books is always an easy one for me!
The flowers, branches, and ocean scene helped me capture what I love about spring, while at the same time showing a bit of who I am: someone who loves her hubby (he’s the guy I’m smooching in the photo), her garden, and her home.
Maybe spring is inspiring you to spruce things up, too! We want to help by giving one reader a free 8×10 canvas print from easycanvasprints.com. Ordering from them was so easy, and I was quite pleased with the product…as you can tell! A canvas print may be just the thing you need to make your space bloom! To enter, simply leave a comment below, and we’ll randomly choose a winner one week from today. (Update: Giveaway is closed. #4 was the winner, Cindy S.!)
So tell us, friends: What is this lovely season inspiring in your life?