There are few summer drinks that hit the spot quite as well as a tall glass of iced tea. Make it fresh and fun with peach and ginger, and your go-to beverage becomes something extra special.
What You Need:
-4 cups (1 quart) water
-2-3 ripe peaches, pitted and largely diced
-2-3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger (a couple of inches of a ginger root should be enough)
-4 bags of black tea (or green, if you prefer)
-1/4 cup sugar
-Fresh mint and peach slices (to garnish, if desired)
What You Do:
1. Fill a large pot with 1 cup of water, sugar, and your grated ginger. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add another cup of water and peaches. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Once peaches start to soften (about 5 minutes into it), use a muddler or wooden spoon to mash them a bit.
3. Add the remaining 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture back up to a boil, then remove from heat and drop in 4 tea bags of choice. Steep for ten minutes or longer, depending on how strong you like your tea.
3. Remove tea bags and allow the mixture to sit for another 10 minutes or so if you can.
4. Fill a pitcher with ice. Strain tea into pitcher. Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Stir well.
5. Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh peach slices and mint! Enjoy!