Happy New Year, all! We are excited about 2014, and not only because we Type A’s love any reason to make goals and lists and resolutions. We also love the hope that a new year brings! How about you?
Some of you began with us in August when we launched Citrus and Cream, but many of you are new friends of ours. So to kick off the year, we want to share a bit about ourselves and this blog.
- We have been the best of friends for five years. We say we “married in” to our friendship––our husbands have known each other their whole lives!––and we’re so grateful we did.
- We have a lot in common: We both love creating, cooking, baking, reading, singing, organizing, DIYing…and of course blogging. We’re tight with our families, obsessed with Young Adult novels, and suckers for a good sad love song. We each turned 30 last year, and we also celebrated eight year wedding anniversaries with our hubbies!
- Our love for creativity is what propelled us to begin Citrus and Cream. We wanted something to do together, something that would allow us a chance to write and design and create! We had this idea of giving our blog a local niche, and that’s what inspired Citrus and Cream, a nod to the local orange groves and dairies here.
- We meet every Monday to work on our blog, which includes planning, writing, designing, and connecting in all forms possible. (Our Mondays also include drinking lots of coffee and snacking on whatever we can find in the pantry.) While each of us writes 50% of the posts, Steph is the main designer and Candace is the main editor. It works out quite nicely, thanks to our respective backgrounds in publishing and teaching.
- Sometimes, we can take on a little more than we can handle. Case in point: we decided in a fit of
insanityinspiration to switch things up our blog this past week, so you’re seeing the new and (hopefully soon-to-be) improved Citrus and Cream! Full disclosure: We’re still recovering from the turmoil it caused us. Thanks for your patience as we fix issues that have come with the update!