This week many of us are swapping out summer loungewear for school clothes as the back-to-school frenzy begins! So today, we’re bringing our top five ways to survive (and maybe even enjoy!) the B2S rush.
1. Tackle the morning in 20 minutes–and do it the night before! That’s right, set a timer for 20 minutes in the evening, and get to it, team! Pick out clothes, make lunches, preset the coffee maker, line up the bags. Do as much as you can before the timer dings. There’s something about a clock tickin’ that gets us motivated and keeps us from dawdling! And 20 minutes? That prevents overkill and feels doable. Try it–your mornings will thank you.
2. Designate the drop-off zone at home. Bags are usually hanging off of every bone when we walk through the door. Decide where they go, along with papers and any other items, so an untidy pile doesn’t breed more mess.
3. Unwind with activity. It is tempting…oh so tempting…to get home from school and collapse into a coma sit on the couch. A better option is to do something simple, yet active. Take a short walk, play with the dog, go for a swim. Get everyone moving together, but keep it light!
4. Have a fabulous after-school snack ready to assemble, like these peanut-butter banana bread sammies here. Toasted banana bread filled with creamy peanut butter, perfect with a glass of milk!
5. Order pizza on Friday night. Because you deserve it, and you did it!
We want to hear from you! What are you doing to make this week stress-free and even fun? Any tips to add?