- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Powder Foundation: I went to Sephora needing a foundation in a shade that actually matched my face. The sales assistant put this little camera on my face and took three different photos, then came up with a list of possible colors and products. After letting her know I wanted something light, she found this awesome powder foundation. It’s great for summer, covers well, and is gentle enough for my sensitive skin.
- Cobian Pacifica Tan Flip-Flops: I bought these on a whim while my husband was actually looking for flip-flops. They were so comfortable I couldn’t resist. They quickly became my go-to sandals this summer!
- Seattle by Frazee: This was the 16th sample of grey paint that I picked up this summer. We recently had the whole interior of our home painted, and picking a color was quite the task. I knew I wanted grey, but who knew there were SO many colors of grey! I say this color on another site and loved it. We got the sample, put up a few swatches, loved it, and went with it. It has really transformed our whole house–if you’re looking for grey, check out this color! It can be found at Sherwin Williams locally.
- BEKVÄM Ikea Step Stool: This little stool has been the best! We bought it at IKEA on a whim. I had seen few cute tutorials on how to paint it and add some life, but I figured it would be more for the girls. After our whole house makeover I carried this stool with me everywhere! It is the perfect height to hang just about everything, is sturdy enough to hold myself or my husband, and looks great even when just sitting in the living room waiting for another project.
- Rainbow Rowell (Fangirl and Eleanor and Park): You’ve seen these books before on my favorites list. I went through a bit of a reading frenzy this summer, reading somewhere around 11 books, but I fell in love with Rainbow Rowell and her books. Definitely my favorite summer reads! She has two more that are on my reading list, and I am excited to see what she brings next!
- West Elm grey striped sheets: I (like everyone else!) am loving the grey trend and trying to find ways to incorporate it into what I already have. These comfy grey and white striped sheets were perfect for my all-white comforter. To me, they bring a bit of summer to my room: stripes always make me think of beach towels and umbrellas.
- Tocca Eau de Parfum in Florence: This perfume–an anniversary gift from my hubby–captures my favorite scents of jasmine and gardenia, reminding me of warm evenings in the garden. (FYI Sephora has a great Florence travel duo of a rollerball and hand cream for only $10!)
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel: I am crazy about this polish, which gives a hard gel finish without a UV lamp! This color (Pretty Piggy) was perfect for summer toes, but I also really love Game of Chromes, a dazzling gold.
- Pita Kabob (Downtown Visalia): This newly-opened location of PK was a real treat this summer! While the usual Mediterranean fare is always delicious, I must suggest the WTF Burger for all burger-lovers out there. So good! (It’s the only thing my husband gets.) I’m looking forward to enjoying the restaurant’s great outdoor space in our cooler weather to come…one of these days.
- Aerolatte Steam Free Milk Frother: If I had to define my favorite kitchen tools simply based on frequency of use, it would be my wooden sticks, whisk, and this milk frother. My summer mornings were made extra special with homemade lattes, thanks to my faithful frother!
What are your summer favorites?
Note: Our favorites are our favorites no matter what, but some of the above links are affiliate links.
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)