Mason jars have come a long way from basic canning equipment, haven’t they? While they still can serve their purpose of storing pickled veggies and sugared jams, these five mason jar accessories will transform them into something new! From frogs to leather sleeves to light kits, your mason jar will have a ball getting dressed up! (Get it?…Ball?…like the mason jar brand!)
- Mason Jar Frog Inserts: I just received these as a gift and love them! It makes creating professional-looking flower arrangements a breeze. (Don’t the red tulips stand perfectly with the frog?) You can easily DIY something like this with wire, although this price is nice for a set of four.
- reCAP Mason Jar Pour Cap: I love storing pantry items in mason jars, but opening them up does take a little time. This makes it simple.
- Pint-size Mason Jar Pendant Light Kit: My hubby actually DIYed two of these for me in my home using pendant kits purchased from Lowe’s. (See bottom photo.) There are plenty of great tutorials out there, or you can check out the link for a reasonably-priced kit.
- Soap/Lotion Dispenser: This particular dispenser comes with the jar, but at $15, it’s still a good buy, especially for the cool vintage blue color. Check this one out for another chic style.
- Leather Mason Jar Sleeve Insulator by Standard Goods Leather & Tool: Mason jars need coffee, too! Keep your drink warm with these hip leather sleeves. There is a basic slip-on sleeve or handled His and Her versions.
Other cool accessories we found included Mason Shaker whiskey stones (keep your drinks cold without watering down), Foodsaver jar sealers (vacuum-tight those mason jars for food storage!), and Williams-Sonoma mason jar cocktail shaker set (comes with a book of recipes!), plus a few more! Who knew that this ordinary jar would have as many outfits as Barbie herself?